AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
**Please Read Before Bidding**
Once you have placed a bid you have agreed to our terms and conditions and your bid is a binding agreement with Nova Auction House Ltd. Once a bid has been placed it cannot be removed - you will need to be outbid.
All Bidders must first register and complete the new bidder information form as provided through the HiBid auction platform. All Bidders are required to provide valid credit card information to register for this auction. **Please note that your credit card WILL NOT be charged unless you are the successful bidder. There is however a 'pre-authorization' done from time to time to validate the credit card - this is not a charge. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and restricting access to your computer and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
By signing to bid at our auctions your email will be entered into our database for promotional emails. You can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
BIDDING AND PAYMENT
You are purchasing retailer returns, overstock items, shelf pulls, open box, undeliverable shipments from major retailers and from time-to-time consignments - these items may not be in perfect retail condition. Some may not be in original packaging, missing screws/nuts bolts, have slight dings, minor scuffs etc (we will not accept returns for these reasons). While we will make every attempt to note such defects you should be aware of what you are purchasing. All descriptions are believed to be accurate based on a visual inspection, but Nova Auction House Ltd. does not warrant that the lot description is error free, accurate or complete. Our descriptions are not what you would expect from an online retailer description. We encourage our customers to do their own research of items prior to placing a bid to ensure that the item is suitable for its intended use. Our items are sold at several retailers, we will post where these items have come from, we again encourage you to do your own research. We are not an authorized dealer of any branded products and therefore manufacturer warranties do not apply.
- By placing a bid, the bidder is satisfied with the description of items.
- The bidder understands that a 15% Buyers Premium and a 15% GST/HST Tax will be added to their final invoice.
- Nova Auction House Ltd. will automatically process the credit card provided by the user in their HiBid account following the auction closing. All items purchased by the user online must be paid in full within two (2) business days of auction close date. Failure to do so could result in your account being placed on hold with Nova Auction House Ltd. and you will be unable to bid in future auctions with us. Items will be re-posted in a future auction.
- All invoices are emailed to winning bidders after the auction's close with the details of pickup location, and hours.
- Pickup and returns both local and shipped (if applicable) of all items are the full responsibility of the buyer including all associated costs.
- Bidders have the option of setting a maximum bid amount allowing the auction software system to automatically bid on their behalf to the next highest bid increment.
- Soft Close: If a bid is placed on an item in the final minute of the auction sale, the auction for that item will automatically be extended and remain open for an additional 1 minute. This will continue until all bidding has ceased.
- Pickup dates are specific to the auction who have bid in, please ensure you can pickup during the dates/times specified. We recommend booking an appointment though the link on our website, so your auction items are picked and ready for your arrival. This means less wait times for you. If you do not book an appointment, you may be asked to return to retrieve your items later as those who have booked a pickup time will be served first.
- Purchasers are responsible to bring any necessary tools, packing material or additional labor to remove purchased items.
All items must be removed from our premises the week following the auction end date. Any items not retrieved within 14 days will be considered abandoned and Nova Auction House Ltd reserves the right to re-sell the items on another auction. Any items that have not been removed from our premises within the timeframe noted above will be treated in the following manner:
- Item(s) will be subject to a $5 per item weekly storage fee if not picked up
- Item(s) that are not picked up during the specified pickup time (this is the week directly following the auction close) items are not eligible for refund and will become the property of Nova Auction House Ltd and they will be re-sold on the house’s account with no refund to the original buyer.
Sorry we do not offer shipping. We will however accept a label from you and get your order ready for you.
Due to the nature of technology Nova Auction House Ltd reserves the right to pause, cancel or restart the bidding of any auction if our system is experiencing errors or connectivity issues
Nova Auction Ltd. offers a 14-day return period from the auction close date on defective items or items not as described that are NOT being sold “AS IS”. Pallet Lots are sold AS IS, Box Lots are sold AS IS. “AS IS” items are sold without warranty and will not be accepted for return under any circumstances. We do not accept returning for missing screws/nuts or bolts that are readily available at the local hardware store. **Always be sure to read lot descriptions carefully**
All items require approval to be returned – please email [email protected] if you are experiencing an issue with your purchased item.
- Items must be returned in the original packaging
- Items must be returned unused and in the same condition received
- If the item in question is in stock we will exchange this item for the same and the item will not be refunded. If refused a re-stock fee will apply.
We will not consider a return after the 14-day return period - no exceptions. You further understand that if you pick up items after the noted return period you have waived your right to return for defective items or items not as described. All items are to be returned in the original packaging for consideration.
Nova Auction House reserves the right to refuse any items for returns as we see fit and restocking fees may apply.
Returns when items have been approved and authorized for refund are processed within 5 business days to the method of payment on file. If that payment was in cash or paid in store due to a processing error the refund will come via e-transfer to the email we have on file based on your last purchase.
These terms and conditions may be updated or changed by us at any time please be sure to review prior to biding on our online auctions.
We reserve the right to cancel, block or refuse any bidder or registration at any time with or without cause.
For additional questions regarding our auction please contact [email protected]